Friday, September 26, 2014

the piano

This piano was given to my parents, by my grandparents, who bought it from my great uncle Dick.


It has now made its home in our living room and I love how it adds a cozy touch to our home.

That being said, I wish this piano had a log. A log that documented how many songs have been played and how many hours have been spent on it. My sisters and I all took piano lessons starting in kindergarten on up to our senior years...so you can imagine how much it was played on!

Joplin was played, along with Mozart and Brahms - Lorie Line occasionally and Melody Bober. Many songs were played by ear and a few were even composed by my middle sister Elizabeth.
I think it's safe to say every type of music came from this piano's strings - from allegro to largo, from fortissimo to pianissimo, from modern to classical to christmas to hymns...

I love this piano and the years that it has "lived".

3 comments:

  1. It looks so nice there, the mirror is a nice addition, too. So glad it's where it can be enjoyed again

    ReplyDelete
  2. A log would be fascinating to look through! Glad it has good home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely missed this post! Mom, remember when I threw up grapes on that piano? It really has been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete