Monday, September 1, 2014

labor day weekend


It was our nephew's birthday last week - the big 12 - so yesterday we headed over to my in-laws to celebrate a bit. Also, our friend Nate {who used to live around here, but moved to be closer to work, causing us all to be really bummed} was up for a few days. It was also fun to see Lowell, my sister-in-law's dad, and his pup Winston, who are up for a couple weeks visiting.
We ate cheeseburger pizza from Papa Murphy's, cuddled three precious little kitties, toured the new home going up, and shot clay pigeons in the field. It made for a great evening.



Although it's blurry, I just had to post this picture of me and my sister-in-law, Heather. We rarely get a picture together, and when we do get a chance - this is what happens. It sure made us laugh!


A storm was brewing to the west and it made for super backdrop. The purples/reds/pinks/yellows occasionally were illuminated by lightening - which was beautiful. Thankfully we made it home before the storm hit.


Hubby takes a go at it. I was content to watch the action in the back, with my ear plugs in.

Now, as I sit here sipping on my coffee, I am thankful for this Monday off. Aaron left early to go diving with his brother, Ryan. {Or rather, sit and fish in the boat as Ryan dives!}
I opened up the window to let the cool, morning breeze in and it wasn't long before I was joined by George and Thea.


No comments:

Post a Comment