Thursday, September 18, 2014

fits of giggles

Two things today that made my kindergartens giggle...and giggle...and giggle!

One: I called on "Sally" to answer a question when we were working through our weekly reader. A boy pipes up and blurts it out for her before she has a chance to answer. I ask him, "Is your name Sally?" He grins at me and shakes his head. Then I mention, "Maybe I'll call you Sally 2 from now on..." The boy and my kids thought that was hilarious! Maybe it was a you-had-to-be-there moment!

Two: The kids were quite chatty today, especially during math. I told them, "Okay boys and girls, zip your lips and put the key in your pocket!" They quickly showed me the actions of "zipping" {complete with sound effects} and "stuffing it in your pocket". There were two boys that continued to whisper so I ran over to them, snatched my "key" from my pocket, and "zipped" their lips. {with the sound effects of course} That really tickled my kids' funny bones so I just had to zip everyone's lip after that!

Funny how little things like this, that you wouldn't think would work, really do work to quiet the kids down!

1 comment:

  1. That age is so fun! They are uninhibited when something tickles their funny bone! We heard (& still do) "Zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket!" last year when G was in Kinder...must be an ongoing issue teachers deal with, but at least with younger kids, they respond to something fun like that!

    ReplyDelete