Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Walk

We took an afternoon new years walk today. Above, my sister demonstrates the safest way to decline down the bank to the frozen lake. My mom soon joined us, along with the two retrievers, and we made our way into the back woods. 
I soon fell behind the rest, meandering slowly through the snow, taking in the little details of the first day of the year. 
The sun was shining, which made the snow sparkle. I fully appreciated the crispness of the walk (it was 10 degrees out), even though my thighs turned into ice cubes on the way back. I ended up having to forfeit my down coat from my top half, to wrap around my bottom half.  I'm not complaining though - what other type of weather do you expect in January in Minnesota?!
And a pro about this cold weather? The absolute tastiness of hot apple cider when you arrive back inside as well as warm cozy blankets!
Thank you, 2015, for a calming and beautiful first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment