Saturday, January 3, 2015

Family Pictures

I was so excited to receive these family pictures in the mail today from my father-in-law! I thought I would share a few of my favorites.
By the way, when I first met these folks, I was told by my then-boyfriend Aaron that his dad had a wooden leg. And Aaron told me,"He lost it in the war, do not stare!" Hmm that's weird, I remember thinking to myself. Haven't they upgraded from wooden legs to metal or something? But I sure wasn't going to question it and offend anyone. Maybe he was old fashioned.
That same day my future mother-in-law came in to the house with a high pitched, nasally voice saying "You must be Laura! So nice to meet you!" Oh my goodness, I remember thinking then, please do not laugh at this lady's voice...
And THEN, I met Aaron's sister. I was told on our way to my future in-laws house that his sister had a severe hearing problem and to "speak loudly so she can hear you!"
Yes, I remember meeting the whole crew like it happened yesterday. I also remember the feeling of my stomach about to turn inside out from nervousness. Turns out, my father-in-law has both his legs, my mother-in-law has a very normal voice, and there is nothing wrong with my sister-in-law's ears. I guess you could say I was a tad gullible. BUT I remember not wanting to say "Nah Uh," to anything and offend Aaron! (On the off chance these things WERE true!) I kind of liked him, and wanted to keep him around!
And so, after five years with Aaron, I can safely say I love being part of his crazy, funny family. Is it odd to say that the more time I spend with his family, the more I like the guy? :) (But uff, I am thankful I am done meeting in-laws!!)

1 comment:

  1. hahah too funny - people with a sense of humor are great!!

    ReplyDelete