Monday, November 10, 2014

weekend visit & thankfulness

"I wish they lived closer!" is a common statement that comes out of my mouth when talking about my family. But oh, when I really think about it, I'm so glad my parents live as close as they do! 
I could be pessimistic that they live 5 hours away...OR I could be optimistic that they live 5 hours away. 
It's very doable for a weekend trip - and this last weekend they made the trip west to visit us!
We had our first snowfall while they were here.
We played Ticket to Ride.
We had scrumptious meals.
I was reunited with the canine retrievers, Colby and Kiah. I sure do miss having a dog around!
We got our garage door up. Thanks, Will, for the help!
And I feel rejuvenated to tackle another couple weeks of school until our next break, Thanksgiving!

November is often a month that thankfulness is talked a lot about. I really do have a lot to be thankful for. One being - family. My side of the family may live 5+ hours away from us, but part of Aaron's family lives closer (as in only 15 miles away from us closer) and that makes me thankful. Loving the family you marry into is wonderful.

Thanks again, mom and Will, for making the trek to visit us in our sleepy little town!

3 comments:

  1. We enjoyed the visit! And glad to see all of your house projects come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT ALL YOUR SNOW!!! or, to be thankful about it, must be great for cozy evenings with a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete