Saturday, November 15, 2014

Unusual Day

Today was an unusual day for me. I cooked AND I baked.

And now I feel sick from eating so many of the bars I baked. Oh well, my stomach needs to get prepared for the upcoming holidays.

When mom was here back in September, she made up some meals for us and I froze them. Today, when rifling through the freezer trying to decide what to make for dinner, I found one of those meals that I had forgotten about! What a great surprise! The hamburger mixture was all mixed up, I just had to add the creamed soups, water, milk, and water chestnuts. Can I classify that as cooking for me?!

The bars I made - Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. Click here to find the yummy recipe!


Above, is what our days have looked like the past week. I think the snow is here to stay. Makes for some cozy days/evenings in our little house!

Now, I'm off to prepare the Nov/Dec book orders for my kids.

5 comments:

  1. Rice, too. For the casserole. You'll soon evenloketo cook, and bake, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should read, even like to cook......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I forgot to mention rice. Aaron really liked it, too, so I think it'll be made again.

    ReplyDelete