Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

It was a whirlwind of a vacation. My stepsister, Chelsey, her two boys, and her dog from Wyoming made the 8 hour trek this way to see us. Thursday found us at my in-laws, eating way too much and chatting it up. A few games were played and the day flew by way, way too fast.

Friday we decided to go black Friday shopping. We left around 9 or so, intending to get back early afternoon. Early afternoon turned into 7 o'clock at night. Oh well! On my list of things to get were two comforters, clothes for Aaron, and possibly some perfume. I came home with a new coat, new mittens, and Mukluks. Ugh! Archer and Bridger were troopers and did so well shopping all day. My arms were a bit sore, though, from holding a zonked out Archer while walking around Hobby Lobby!

Saturday was spent touring my school, chuckling at Cabela and Ruger, playing with the boys, and Chelsey made supper for us. Fettucini Alfredo in the oven. Yum! The day ended with a movie, all five of us crowded onto the bed. We attempted to fit six, but it was impossible to have our 85 pound German Shepherd on the bed with us. Sorry Rue!

It was a great Thanksgiving and now the house seems so quiet as I sit here this Sunday afternoon. It's sad when company leaves! Ruger is feeling the blues as well, I think, and is laying quietly at my feet. He misses Cabela!

Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now three more weeks of school about until Christmas break. I guess this afternoon I'll be putting all the Thanksgiving decor away, getting out the holiday decor, and wishing (and wishing and wishing) that I had taken some photos of the weekend, besides the three I took on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment