Wednesday, December 10, 2014

early christmas present

Oh how I wish there was more to take pictures of in and around our little home!


My early Christmas present from Aaron - a Nikon DSLR camera. 
Okay, in all reality, I say it's from him but I picked it out. And he picked out a range finger for his gun - but it was a Christmas present from me. I guess that's just how our Christmas presents worked this year!


I read through the manual front to back last night. It really does give a lot of helpful information! Especially this tid bit. --> "When framing photographs in the view finder, hold the handgrip in your right hand and cradle the camera body or lens with your left. Keep your elbows propped lightly against your torso for support and place one foot half a pace ahead of the other to keep your upper body stable."


I thought about not putting up a tree. We didn't last year because it's not what Christmas is all about. But, I do love the simplicity and light that this tree gives off. As I sit here in the evenings, it's cozy! As you can see, we only have two ornaments. I decided that every Christmas Aaron and I are together we'll add another one. The branches may be droopin' after 50 years....
Anyways, be prepared to see lots of shots as I try out the settings and explore more with this neat piece of equipment!

1 comment: