Tuesday, June 10, 2014

'Little Big Horn 1876'

While Aaron and I were at the Battle of Little Bighorn battlefield, they had a really nice gift shop we breezed through. While there, I purchased a book - 'Little Big Horn 1876' by Peter Panzeri. I'm usually not one for buying things at gift shops since everything is so expensive {and plus I took pictures of the site}, but since this place was on my bucket list, I figured I would splurge. :)
The author did an excellent job of writing about both sides throughout the book - The Indians and the Cavalry. He writes about the plans and preparations made by both sides prior to the battle, the tactics and different weaponry used, the battle and what all went down, as well as the aftermath of the battle. The book also has superb photographs, artwork, and maps. If you're a history nerd like me and want to gain some really insightful information about Custer's last stand, I would definitely recommend this book. {Or visit us, and read it here!}
I give it a 5/5.

3 comments:

  1. So was Comanche really the last one standing after the battle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there were other horses but they were so badly wounded they needed to be killed. :( He was the only one saved.

      Delete
    2. You should be a history teacher!

      Delete