Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

My dad, Dennis, was a great dad. Even though I don't remember him, I know he was. It was so evident in the pictures I've seen, the stories I've heard, and the home videos I've seen. I am so very thankful for that. So on this father's day, I'm remembering him. 

There's another dad that I'm thinking of today, too, and that would be my step-dad Will. This retired Naval Commander came into my life when I was nine, and he has been so supportive throughout the 15 years he has been around. If there was a piano recital, he would be at it. If there was a music concert or other function at school, he was there. He took on farm/ranch life when he married my mom, and in a 24 year old step-daughters opinion, he's done very well! You know, I can't imagine life without him around. So Will, if you are reading this, Happy Father's Day! You've been a great father to me, a super father-in-law to Aaron, and our kids (no, this isn't an announcement ha!) will be lucky to have you as their groompa!
A favorite picture of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment