Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cat Toys...and What I've Learned

A few days after we picked up our then-kittens, I traveled to the local store and picked up some fun looking cat toys. I got a two pack of fabric mice that smelled like cat nip as well as a couple furry balls that supposedly prevented cat boredom. I was going to be the best cat mom ever.
When I got them home, I hurriedly ripped off the wrappers, threw them to George and Thea, and excitedly waited for them began their pouncing and playing.
They only reaction I got from them was a sniff and paw swat. Seriously? I thought to myself. I tried throwing the toys away from them, hoping they would run after them, but the cats just watched the toys with a look of boredom. Seriously? I could almost hear them saying to me.
Now, after seven months of being cat owners, here a few "toys" that they LOVE. Seriously, no need to go out and buy cat toys...the things at home work miraculously. Here are the top four cat toys in our house.

1 comment: