Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beef and Bean Taco Casserole

I am all about quick, easy meals. I never have been one for cooking - I would much rather spend my time outside. I wish I were more of a cook, though! Poor Aaron, he never complains, but even I am getting sick of tator-tot hotdish and dorito hotdish.
So, today I tried a new recipe! It's called beef and bean taco casserole. I found it on the Betty Crocker website, it had great reviews, so I figured I would give it a whirl.
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 jar (16 oz) Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1 package taco seasoning
broken tortilla chips
1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup olives (I skipped these, Aaron doesn't like olives)
1 cup shredded lettuce

Directions
1. In a casserole dish, place broken tortilla chips on the bottom
2. Brown the hamburger. Add refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning. Mix together.
3. Pour on top of the tortilla chips in the casserole dish
4. Sprinkle chopped green bell pepper, tomato, and cheddar cheese on top
5. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees
6. Take out and sprinkle left over tortilla chips, lettuce, and tomatoes

Aaron and I both liked it, so I think the recipe's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment