Thursday, April 9, 2015

Life Lately.

Well, the days just keep flyin' by here in western North Dakota and school wise, I've come to the conclusion that I really like this time of year. Conferences are done, academically the kids are where they need to be for 1st grade...which feels awesome, there are only 31 more days of school, the weather's getting nicer, and we started some units that are so much fun!
Right now we're doing the unit of dinosaurs so today the kids were "paleontologists" and "excavated" for "bones" in the "dirt" using their "tool". Translation: the kids each got a chocolate chip cookie and, using a toothpick, had to find chocolate chips which were the "bones". That was a lot of fun! Pictures of our art projects coming soon!
Life lately not pertaining to school? well....hmmm...school honestly takes up most of my energy and thoughts so I guess there's not too much that is new around this household! Still looking forward to our little guy arriving in May, the cats still are shedding an unimaginable amount (no more wearing black for us), and Aaron is still biding his time in the evenings working on 4-wheelers and dirtbikes. Fun fact: we currently have 10+ machines in our garage. I tell Aaron that if he starts filling up the space where my car parks, he will come home one night to find a pile of bent metal at the front of the garage and my car back in it's place. :)
I got my 3rd stitch fix a couple weeks ago and my thoughts were kinda....meh...on it. The first two items: the green sweater and striped dress shown below. It was the type of outfit were I liked the combo, but I didn't like the combo. In the end the thought of, I don't think I'll wear this enough, won out. This is what I like about stitchfix though - you try outfits and clothes that you originally probably would not have! The next thing in my box was the white and black shirt, which I kept. The things I did not keep were a pair of straight leg jeans - and I am not including a picture. :) Let's just say they were not flattering. And a necklace. The necklace was cute, and if I were a necklace wearing person, I probably would have kept it!


1 comment:

  1. I like seeing your Stitch Fix outfits! Since I can't really justify a new wardrobe right now, I'll just live vicariously through you. ;-) The dress/card I is a combo I would've never thought of putting together, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete