Sunday, April 19, 2015

a bout of bad luck

We've been sort of looking, but not too seriously, for a new vehicle. Aaron thinks it's time to upgrade my car while it's still running well so we can get the most for it. I leave the car/automotive decisions mainly up to Aaron, but, how can I argue with getting a newer ride?! :) We found a vehicle, for a good price with low miles, on Thursday that we really liked. Excitedly, we were going to drive down today (since we were already going to be in Bismarck) and look at it and then probably go back down on Monday to seriously talk to the dealer about it. When we got to Bismarck we drove around the lot, looking for it but disappointingly we couldn't find it. "It's probably just inside," I told Aaron. Right as we were driving out, I spotted it across the lot sitting with some vehicles that looked to be...not for sale. We vigorously drove over to it, hopped out, and saw on the front of the vehicle that it had been sold...on Saturday. Rats.

We then decided to head to Lowes because Aaron had seen that there was a good sale on a grill that he wanted to get. Of course there were no parking spots up close so Aaron squeezed (and I literally mean squeezed) between two cart corrals. Once inside Lowes, and after walking about half a block, we realized that the grill Aaron had wanted was sold out. Double rats! 

So, we headed back out to the car. We had just walked across the driving lane by Lowes when all of a sudden there was a torrential downpour..with hail included. I ran as best I could to our car, with my Sunday heels on through an uneven parking lot, and then had to squeeze between our wet dusty car and the cart corral to get back in.

Once we got back into our car and slammed the doors shut, I looked over at Aaron. The front of his khaki pants were a considerable shade darker thanks to the rain, his hair was dripping, and he had this quirky smile on his face that made us both start laughing. And it was a true, all out, belly-hurting-laughing episode. You know, I don't really think what happened was all that funny, but it sure made us crack up!

As I sat in the car next my husband, I thought about how happy I am to be walking through this life with him by my side; through the good, the bad, and the ordinary days of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment