Saturday, February 28, 2015

looking on the bright side

It seems like with every not so good, not so planned situation, you can look on the bright side of things, at least that's what I try to do. I think back to two years ago when we thought Aaron would be starting his job training in Wyoming. In the back of our heads we wanted to stay in North Dakota, but, to look on the bright side I remember saying "It'll be an adventure to live somewhere new for a year. We'll be close to Colorado and I'll be able to live by the mountains!" Well then, Aaron ended up doing his training here in North Dakota...and so everything ended up working out in the end! (and I was even a little bummed! I was looking forward to that adventure! :) )
And then came my teaching job. I interviewed, didn't get it, but instead of getting too depressed I thought subbing won't be so bad. I can sub the days that I'm around and I'll be able to visit my sisters more freely. But then it turned out another teacher at the school retired and I ended up getting an offer for the job. Another time things worked out for us!
And yet again, thinking back to my kindergarten class this year. It has been tough. I won't go into details but there have been times I've almost gone off my rocker. And then there have been times I've come home crying. BUT, to think on the bright side, I have learned so much about teaching and about kids this first year and I know I'll be able to use what I learned in the future.
And one more time, our puppy. Uff, this was a hard blow for me; partly because I have been looking forward to this pup for over a year. Our puppy was supposed to be born the beginning of February and we would have been able to bring him home towards the end of March. The momma of our puppy ended up needing a c-section and only one of the puppies survived. Now we're on the list for a puppy due April 3rd. Looking on the bright side, when we bring him home I'll be out of school for the summer and he can get the attention he'll need.
Just a few thoughts I've had for awhile! Happy March (tomorrow)!
I find it hard to look on the bright side, though, when Thea doesn't use her litter box. >:( If someone can think of the silver lining in that, I would love to hear...!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's a stretch, but here it goes... I noticed Tybs wasn't using his litterbox (several years back) -- in fact, wasn't using anything -- because he had a really painful UTI. And then we ran up some unexpected vet bills nursing him back to health. So....at least she's...going??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great outdoors will bring much adventure into a cats life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh no that is so sad - sorry about your pup, but you are right there is always a reason and you'll love your other little one just as much!!

    ReplyDelete