Thursday, July 31, 2014

life lately - end of july 2014 edition

I always plan on doing a five for Friday post - but I always think about it on Thursday, and when I think of it again, it's Saturday. So five for Thursday!

5. Tomorrow's my last day of summer school! I taught five 1st and 2nd graders. I wouldn't have minded it too much except the attendance was really up and down. One day I had two students...other times I had all five - I never knew who would show up. So that part was a little frustrating. But I did learn a lot and if I do it next summer, I know some things I would tweak and change from this year. 

4. Hubby's working nights and some weird hours. There was an unplanned outage at the plant he works at, something to do with the boiler, so I really haven't seen much of him. I really am not caring for this outage stuff! But, I guess it's all part of the job.

3. My sister, Elizabeth, is coming to visit this weekend! She'll be here tonight. We plan on heading to Medora tomorrow! We're headed there with my sister-in-law and her boys so that'll be fun! 0% chance of rain! Great for the musical!

2. Now that summer school is coming to a close, I've been kind of getting my classroom set up for fall. Only three {three?!?} more weeks until school starts! I'm so thankful for the other two kindergarten teachers - they've been so helpful this summer. As a 1st year teacher, I am grateful. 

1.  Our cats' newest form of fun {and newest form of entertainment for us} is chasing flies. They are not afraid to leap from couch to couch in order to catch a flying fly. They've also had to brush up on their sneaking skills. What a life house cats have!

No comments:

Post a Comment