Sunday, July 20, 2014

Another Weekend in the Books

Today as we were driving home from our weekend trip, I thought to myself how full this summer has been. We've been busy, but oh it's been wonderful. And to think, there's still about a month left until school starts!
This last Saturday was the reunion for my mom's dad's side of the family. It was fun to see everyone again - I just wish I would have taken more pictures.
But you know, sometimes one picture of an event can allow you to remember the event as a whole. Here is our weekend in a nut shell.
Zane with Auntie Dot
We had so much fun with our nephew, Zane. As always, we wish he and his family lived a bit closer to the ND/MN states! But, we sure do enjoy the visits when they do head this way!


Here I am, getting some love from Kolby. My pup, Kizer, was busy chipmunk hunting. Below - Aaron and Zane. Zane loved the fourwheeler. Next summer he'll be driving himself! (just kidding - but seriously, he already knows how to turn the key and push the button to start it!)



The theme of the family reunion was "Christmas in July". It was a fun theme, and so much thought went into it! Above is a picture of a few cousins singing Christmas carols but with their own lyrics. The afternoon was spent eating, chatting, auctioning, and reminiscing. 


After the reunion Aaron and I headed to his parents place for the night. His parents weren't home, which was a bummer, but it sure was nice to be there and spend the evening roaming around Aaron's old stomping grounds. The above picture I snapped of their barn. I love big red barns. 


It was a beautiful evening for a walk. I couldn't help but snap some pictures of the North Dakota scenery. I love it here, I really do.


On Sunday we drove Aaron's grandparents to our church meeting. After meeting was a potluck, which was scrumptious, but we also got a ride down the James river. It was fun!

Now onto another full week of engineering for Aaron and teaching for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment