Friday, July 25, 2014

a wedding gift

I am terrible {absolutely terrible} at names. I have noticed this about myself when we moved to a new community. Granted, not knowing anyone can be a bit overwhelming. After a year I still find myself describing people when I talk about them so Aaron knows who I'm talking about. {My hubby is excellent at names I might add.}

But it's kinda funny, I can look around our house at all the shower gifts and wedding gifts we received last year and know exactly who gave it to us and what they wrote on their card. It's kind of nice, you know, being able to think about Sharon when I use the ove-gloves or Raelynn when I use the tupperware or Nancy and Jenna when I use the nesting bowls or mom when I use the knives or Annie and Jeremy when we use our glasses, or Don and Eileen when I use a coaster in our living room...I could continue but I won't! But what I will say is I honestly appreciated every gift we received.

This post is about a drawing we got from my sisters and it left me drooling over all of this artists' drawings. Karmel Timmons draws horses and the way she gets every detail is amazing. The drawing started off in our living room, but then I decided to move it into our bedroom above our bed. It just seemed more intimate there. {p.s. the rustic frame was built by my brother-in-law, Blair.}

This drawing is called True Romance.

I am excited to announce that as of today I now own two of her drawings. The wedding gift from Elizabeth and Kristin sparked a love so deep for these drawings that I decided to start collecting them. They are beautiful, much like horses are. So folks, here is the newest Karmel Timmons drawing to take up residence in our home. {I decided to splurge a little bit from my summer school earnings!} 

This is a lithograph print and it's called Sisters.

To see more of her artwork click here. You'll love them!

1 comment: