Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day + Weekend Company

I like Valentines Day. It's a holiday that breaks up the monotonous months of January and February.
This year, Aaron and I celebrated it on the 13th because we would be having company on the 14th through the weekend! Sadly, though, I was coming down with some sort of sickness and felt rotten. 
Nonetheless, I stopped by the store after school on the 13th (and after two preschool Valentines parties...which really drains your energy) and got some spaghetti, french bread, asparagus, and cheesecake.
Aaron and I ate our supper by candlelight, exchanged cards and chocolates, and sprayed the cats (for jumping up on the table). I then proceeded to go to bed early. I woke up the next day with a sore throat and achy muscles. me = very unhappy
The reason for this unhappiness with being sick was because on the 14th my middlest sister was flying in to visit for the weekend! I ended up staying home from school and sleeping the whole day until I left to pick her up at the airport. Besides having a sore throat, it was a wonderful weekend spent with my sister! We enjoyed chatting, watching The Sound of Music plus The Pioneer Woman, spending time with Aaron's brother and his wife & kids + Nate, Olympic watching, and eating small town cookin'. 
Eating at Country Kettle
Come back again, soon!

1 comment: