Friday, May 13, 2016

Five Friday

5. There are currently 8 days of school left. This year absolutely flew by...I cannot believe it! I definitely had two extremes my first two years of teaching. Last year, to be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to teach another year. I remember telling Aaron, while sobbing, that I did not want to go back. I'm glad I did though. I have had so much fun with these kids...I want this group again next year! Also, I just have to brag that my kids have been doing calendar time all by themselves the past few weeks! They love doing it because every day one of the kids gets to be the teacher/leader and leads the rest of the class through the calendar routine.

4. Ruger has Panosteitis again. I had no idea what that was, so besides what the vet told me, I did some web browsing and educating myself about it. It is a painful inflammation of the bone that causes limping (temporary pain/limping - it's like growing pains). He has had it two other times, but I think this time was the worst. He wasn't even walking on his front right leg it hurt so bad, so basically he was walking on three legs everywhere. The vet prescribed pills to bring down the inflammation but after giving one to him (even with food) he got sick. As in throw up sick. The rest of the evening he laid with his head on either Aaron or my lap and he looked so sad and in pain. We really felt bad for our boy. I can already tell today, though, that he is feeling better.


3. Aaron and I have had lots of laughs with the face swap filter on snapchat. It is so terrible, but so funny.

2. 20 days until my NV/AZ/UT trip with my sister! I don't travel a whole lot, so I am very excited. Still trying to figure out a place to go with Aaron this summer though. His request - "not too far". Hmm...there is not much within a 6 hour radius of our home...

1. We are having chili for supper tonight. It snowed today! Not a lot of course, but at recess there were a few flakes coming down. Add in no heat in the school (they turned it off after having 90 degree days last week) and it makes for a chilly day! And of course, today was the school "beach" day where kids were able to wear beachy attire. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I guess you guys will just have to go an extra two hours and come here...you mentioned bear tooth pass last year!

    ReplyDelete