Saturday, April 16, 2016

A few things

5. The making of homemade Maple syrup is so neat! My parents tapped their maple trees and made their own syrup this year. I tasted a spoonful of it and it is so good! It has a slight smokey flavor to it which is mmmm....so tasty. I'm excited to bring some back and make pancakes for Aaron!

4. I've never really been too interested in essential oils until, this weekend. Mom brought me into Detroit Lakes to a lady's house that makes/sells essential oils...and it kind of piqued my interest! When I came home I checked out all the essential oils mom has and turned on the diffuser. I now know what I want for my birthday.

3. Speaking of that lady's house - her house was amazing. I loved it! It smelled so nice and clean and the colors of her house were so warm and inviting. It inspired to me get painting on ours. When we moved in to our house I wanted dark brown, but for about a year now I've been really leaning towards light colors like creams and whites and light tans. So with that lady's inspiration, and pinterest inspiration, our living room is going to get a new look.

2. There's nothing quite like having the windows open at the lake and hearing the loons. It makes me want to get a Minnesota loon CD and play in the evenings.

1. I hope I have a son or daughter that treats me as good as mom treats my grandma. When my grandpa died five years ago, my grandma moved in and mom and Will have been caring for her ever since. In the morning mom will bring in her pills and breakfast, and grandma will get up when she wants, eat breakfast when she wants, and then come out at noon to have lunch. Mom helps bathe her twice a week and then does up her hair for her. With grandma's memory and dementia she doesn't really notice anymore what all mom does for her, but I do, and I think it's amazing.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, mom is amazing! Also, what kind of diffuser does the lady have? I had been considering getting one but I'm overwhelmed by all the options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I didn't realize there was more than one kind! :S that's a question for mom!

      Delete