Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

"Oh there's no Christmas, like a home Christmas," was a song Elizabeth had playing on Christmas day as mom was prepping Christmas dinner. I currently have it on repeat now, already missing time at the lake.
We arrived home about 45 minutes ago. We unpacked our vehicle, unpacked our suitcases, fed and watered Ruger, opened a few Christmas cards, opened some bills, and now I'm sitting on the couch drinking hot chocolate and looking back at the moments I documented through the camera. I find myself smiling broadly as I think about the time Elizabeth, mom, and myself took the dogs for a walk on the lake and decided to cut up to the road by climbing/slipping/crawling up a steep embankment. I chuckle as I think about us playing Monopoly and Balderdash. My mouth waters as I think about the gingerbread cookies, the "salads", the mashed potatoes, the fudge, the ice cream dessert, and ooh so much more. My mouth quits watering, though, once I think about Aaron and I feeding each other a piece of our wedding cake. Mom found our wedding cake in the freezer and we decided to give it a try! A little dry, and a little tasteless...but it brought back memories! And lastly, my heart warms as I think about the people that we spent the holidays with. Although a little chunk of my heart would be a little warmer if my eldest sister and her family could have made it and spent a few days at the lake, too, but hopefully next year! We missed you Kristin! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memories! Love you 'kids'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It would have been the perfect Christmas if Kristin and fam was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Missed you all too. Many good holidays together in our future though!!! Oxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I hope Lawsons don't discover skid marks on their hill in the spring!

    ReplyDelete