Thursday, October 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Kristin!

I know everyone probably thinks this with siblings, but I think the bond my sisters and I have is kind of rare. I remember my grandma saying, "I've never seen you girls fight! Don't you just want to get mad and hit something?" I'm not sure if she said it in those words, but the fact is we got (and get) a long really great. Maybe it was the 5 year age difference between us,  maybe it was just personalities, maybe it was really good parenting, or maybe we just all grew really close when our dad died. Although, I honestly think we would still be really close if dad wouldn't have gotten cancer.

It is one of my sister's birthdays today - happy birthday Kristin! One of my favorite memories is when you brought me along on your road trip with you through North Dakota, Montana, and Idaho! I remember feeling pretty special that you chose to include me and I loved the sight seeing! That was probably my first taste of loving being in the mountains! (I even don't mind that I got bed bugs in Glacier Nat'l Park!) ;)

Zane and baby are so lucky to have you as a mom and I am so lucky to have you as an elder sister! Have an excellent day!
 

4 comments:

  1. How sweet.... Thank you!! Oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Was that the trip Kristin made you make all the phone calls for the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. all for her own good, Liz! ;)

    ReplyDelete