Sunday, August 16, 2015

Billings Weekend

Back in June my step sister, Chelsey, mentioned the possibility of a Billings weekend. We talked a bit about it, but then I thought it would be too close to school for me to get away so we thought "Oh, maybe next summer".

As the summer progressed though, and July turned into August, I realized my school doesn't actually start until August 26th! With that realization the thought was resurrected and the plans began.

So last Thursday I bid adieu to my baby Ruger and my hubby and traveled west to spend a few days with Chelsey and her boys. Thursday night found us at the rodeo that was occurring during the Montana State Fair, in which Archer was more interested in the train across from the arena and a plane flying overhead than the rodeo itself! We even got in on some greasy fair food. Haven't had that for long while!

Friday we toured the Moss Mansion, which was very interesting and breathtaking! Archer was a bit less enthused about touring the huge mansion than we were, so my arm muscles got a workout from lifting a three year old boy up and down, up and down, and up again...! After leaving, we got a quick bite to eat and then headed to the water park, which was way more Archer's idea of fun! It was the perfect hot day for it!

Saturday, as we were sitting down eating breakfast, we mentioned how nice it would be to stay another night and do some shopping. We laughed a bit at the idea at first, but then looked at each other and thought, why not?! So, we got the go aheads from our husbands and ended up extending our stay! Saturday we zipped around the Montana Zoo and then shopped until we almost dropped at Hobby Lobby, Target, Scheels, and Ross's Dress for Less. Sunday morning found us traveling back to North Dakota for me, and Wyoming for them with the thoughts that this definitely needs to happen again!

It was another fun weekend in the books!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great times spent together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I'm already counting down the days to another adventure!

    ReplyDelete