Sunday, July 19, 2015

the past week

As much as it pains me to say this, I've come to the realization that summer is on it's way out. Ah shoot. Elizabeth asked me today, "so what are you looking forward to next?"

You see, I'm the type of person that is always looking forward to something. When summer started I was looking forward to getting Ruger, spending time at the lake, and our road trip to ID and WY. All of that is about done now, as school draws closer. I suppose this week I will spend some time at the school getting ready for my second year of teaching. I'll probably take many walks with Ruger, water that front lawn (that Aaron just tore up yesterday...), possibly ride some dirt bike...

And enjoy the last 25 days of not having a schedule! (and smile at the fact that it has been a wonderful, wonderful summer.)

This last week found me at the lake, doing grandma care while my parents went on a trip. There even was the bonus of having my sister, Elizabeth, come and stay the weekend! The days were spent spending time with the dogs, going for short walks, attempting to explore back in the trees before the horse flies and deer flies ran us off (ugh!), and eating Elizabeth's scrumptious meals. The evenings were spent listening to music, watching Poldark, chatting, and laughing...


No comments:

Post a Comment