Friday, March 20, 2015

Last night my sisters and I were chatting before bed and the conversation of Laura Ingalls Wilder came up.
"I was just reading that her life wasn't all that it was said to be in the books," my eldest sister said. She then rattled off some surprising facts about the family. My mind was in and out of the conversation, as I was looking up things to do in town that would be fun for a two year old boy. All of a sudden Kristin said something about Almanzo and my mind came to a screeching halt.
"He...kidnapped children when he got older?!" I asked, my mind reeling. That was definitely something not in the books! I was relieved to find out that she had actually said that he had gotten a disease and he couldn't have children after it.
You know, that is probably how rumors start! We had a good laugh about it, anyways.
p.s. - I am lovin' spring break at the lake this year. I wouldn't mind if the weather cleared a bit but ah, sister and nephew time is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment