Friday, January 10, 2014

Newest Chalk Paint Project

Last week as I was sitting on my computer in the living room, oohing and aahing over chalk painted furniture online, I looked over at our end tables. Why not try to chalk paint them? 
So, on Monday my old roommate came and visited Aaron and I and was able to stop at the chalk paint store in Bismarck on her way here! She picked up the colors Coco and Old White for me. 
And so, on Tuesday, I began my project with one of the end tables.
I painted it with two coats of Coco. 
I then dry brushed the Old White over top.
I then took sand paper and sanded parts of it to make it look weathered.
Lastly, I mixed the dark wax and the light wax together and waxed it. 
The last step is buffing it tomorrow.
I'm still learning how to do the distressed look, but, I'm happy with it!

1 comment: