Monday, November 28, 2016

1st snow day of 2016/2017

Last night I went to bed, hoping, but kind of not hoping, for a snow day. These days between Thanksgiving and Christmas are so fun. I'd rather use a snow day in January or February when the days can get so. long.
I got a call this morning around 6am saying school was two hours late. That's not bad, at least we won't use up a snow day, I reasoned to myself as I showered up and got dressed. I decided to head in at regular time, hoping to get lots of stuff done at the school since I was up and out of bed anyways. As I opened the door to head out to my car, I was met with 6+ inches of snow and more coming down. Aaron had already headed to work about a half hour before and texted me saying it was pretty slick out. (We got rain last night before it turned to snow, unfortunately.) So, I waded through the snow (thank goodness for snow boots) and hopped in my car. As I backed out, I was hoping I wouldn't get stuck! Another "thank goodness" for having a vehicle with all wheel drive.
I drove at a snails pace to the school, maneuvering around snow piles from streets that had already been cleaned, and thought to myself  I'm surprised school isn't called off! But then again, we are North Dakotans... 
I had just turned on my computer and was sitting down at my desk when I got the text message: no school today!
I figured all the stuff I needed to get done can wait until tomorrow so I trudged back out to my car, drove at a snails pace back to our house, got into my comfy sweatpants, called Ruger inside, grabbed some coffee, and curled up on the couch.
There aren't many things in life that are more cozy than a snow day! Yes, I was hoping we would have school today but now that it's happened, and there's nothing to do about it, I'm going to fully enjoy the day off.
Happy Snow Day! I'm sure tomorrow there will be 14 super excited kids.

1 comment: