Saturday, July 23, 2016

this last week

I was going to get up and mow this morning (we're at my in-laws), but as we were eating breakfast, it started to rain and thunder so...I guess I will do this instead. It's kind of cozy updating while a morning storm occurs outside!

This last week found me in south eastern North Dakota for a day and then at the lake for a day. So a quick, quick trip but a heart-filling trip! I had lunch with my best friend from high school and learned all the ransom county news. I then met my mom at my grandparent's farm and walked around the farmstead, remembering when they lived there...





We then headed back to the lake for the night. The next morning, while riding horse, my mom suggested riding over to our neighbors that we had never met and, we found about three miles of trails! After our ride, Will came out and took our picture. Thanks, Will! Mom and I do a lot of riding together, but never get our picture together.


After the lake, I trekked back to my in-laws for a wedding reception on Friday. Congrats to Jessica and Nolan! And every morning while here we've been getting acquainted with a very persistent yellow bird that wants to get in in the worst way. I feel kind of bad for it! It will peck and peck at the window, stop to breathe heavily with it's mouth open, panting, and then go back to fluttering and pecking at the window.



And then this morning, when I went to let Ruger out of the garage, there was a beautiful sunrise behind the silo...picture doesn't do it justice! So it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day, but, we are now in a severe thunderstorm warning. Oh well. 

And that's a wrap of another July week!


1 comment: