Sunday, July 10, 2016

It was a beautiful evening, after Eileen's visitation on Friday, so I decided to take Rue for a walk down the gravel road by my in-laws place. I have started to really love taking walks, even more so with Ruger off the leash. He's able to sniff and explore at his own pace but is always alert and aware of where I am.

I'm still thinking a lot about Eileen. It seemed weird going over to her and Vernon's farm and she wasn't there. I can just picture her in her kitchen, asking about my grandma and telling me tidbits about when she stayed with them in the 40's. She was very spry...probably the most spry person I knew. Which was why it was a bit of a shock when we heard she had a massive stroke. Aaron was just talking about stopping to see her that Monday on our way home from my parents.

The memories though, not only of Eileen but memories of my own grandparents come rushing back to me. I am so thankful for their examples - in the way they lived and the way they were. I'm appreciating it even more as I get older.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you and Aaron have a wonderful heritage! I'm so thankful for the choices grandparents on both sides of the family made and how much a Godly lifestyle impacts future generations.

    ReplyDelete